Interviewer: Thom Yorke is the third guitarist in the band but he doesn’t much like to talk about it. Why?
Ed O’Brien: He’s a really great guitarist. He plays terrific rhythm, but he doesn’t like to talk about it because he thinks he sounds like Brian May.
Interviewer: I know you started playing guitar only recently. Do you feel you have evolved as a player?
Jonny Greenwood: I don’t think so. Guitar’s not really important to me. You’re in a band and you play guitar, you don’t play guitar and then go find a band. I was in a band before I played guitar.
Interviewer: But you couldn’t pull these songs off if you couldn’t play your guitar.
Jonny Greenwood: Yeah, but my style is so tightly tied in with our songs that I don’t think you could even ask me to quit Radiohead and play guitar for another band. I don’t think I could do it. It would probably reveal me to be the bluffer that I believe I am.
- Guitar World, October 1997 - This is the interview with the famous “clitoris substitute” quote.
- lazed-and-diffused likes this
- letsgodownawaterfall reblogged this from compartmentalising
- amorsin reblogged this from fuckyeahkrakens
- fuckyeahkrakens reblogged this from compartmentalising
- mmbris reblogged this from compartmentalising
- panicvomit likes this
- bollhead likes this
- syntheticflower-laboratory reblogged this from compartmentalising
- lilbabytree reblogged this from rainyohead
- lilbabytree likes this
- spare-the-gory-details likes this
- rainyohead reblogged this from compartmentalising
- getintothecar likes this
- fallenjeeva likes this
- cat41 likes this
- tiezesty likes this
- lhagyalo likes this
- atomsforpeacenik likes this
- tragiccottonball likes this
- gluten-free-pop-tart likes this
- compartmentalising posted this